- 1 Services included in the hair transplant in Malaga
- 2 How is the capillary graft performed in Malaga?
- 3 Candidates for hair transplantation
- 4 Which people are not considered suitable for a hair transplant in Malaga?
- 5 What is the treatment?
- 6 How is the capillary graft intervention performed in Malaga?
- 6.1 Preparation prior to extraction
- 6.2 What techniques are available to extract the hair?
- 6.2.1 FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery) or strip technique
- 6.2.2 FUE Technique (Folicular Unit Extraction)
- 6.2.3 Robotic technique
- 6.3 What are the next steps to extract follicles?
- 7 The recovery period after a hair transplant in Malaga
Services included in the hair transplant in Malaga
- Personalized advice.
- Free preoperative consultation.
- Custom diagnosis
- Custom surgical plan.
- Hair graft (hospital expenses included).
- Financing according to customer needs.
- Postoperative follow-up
How is the capillary graft performed in Malaga?
The hair transplant in Malaga is an aesthetic surgery that consists of extracting hair from the patient and then transplanting them to the bald areas of the head. In this way, it is possible to recover the hair in the parts of the head where the hair follicles have been affected by alopecia.
When the donor and recipient areas coincide in the same person, any possibility of rejecting the hair transplant is ruled out and it is guaranteed that the results will be completely natural. Therefore, it is not recommended to make a hair graft using follicular units of another person, because the surgery may not work.
The capillary graft in Malaga offers natural and permanent results.
These are the two main advantages of the hair implant, although it must be said that this technique also has limitations and that not all patients or all types of alopecia are suitable for a hair graft. Currently, hair grafting in Malaga is the only definitive treatment against alopecia. The two most used techniques for hair grafting are:
Each can be recommended to solve a specific case of hair loss, but in recent years the FUE method has more followers, because it allows greater precision when extracting the follicles and leaves no scars.
Candidates for hair transplantation
In principle, all the people to whom a problem of fall of the hair causes baldness can realize a capillary graft in Malaga if they wish to recover their hair. The first thing you should do is visit a hair surgeon or, where appropriate, a dermatologist, to evaluate the type of alopecia and study your family history and clinical history.
Once you have the necessary information, the specialist will determine if the patient is a good candidate for the hair graft and will advise the best technique. For this, the specialist needs to collect data about the following issues:
- Hair type.
- Degree of alopecia.
- Causes of baldness (stress, poor diet, genetics, etc.).
- Other problems that may affect hair loss.
- What the patient wants, that is, what are the expectations he has about the results of the hair implant.
In this sense, we can add the opinion of the dermatologists of the NIH (the National Institute of Health of the United States), who warn of the risk that the results are not the desired ones, when the capillary interventions that are not carried out performed with the proper procedure or when performed on patients who are not good candidates.
On the other hand, one must also be informed about the possible limitations of the hair implant in Malaga, taking into account that, like any surgical intervention, the hair graft may involve some risk. Although the complications that could derive from the operation usually do not appear more serious, some of the most frequent are these:
- Bad healing
- Some type of infection.
- Unsightly result or poor distribution of transplanted hair.
Before getting a hair transplant in Malaga you should visit a specialist who recommends the intervention.
Which people are not considered suitable for a hair transplant in Malaga?
Since a hair graft is only the culmination of the treatment against alopecia, the patient must be examined by the responsible surgeon before going through the operating room to have a hair transplant. This is an essential step, since not all types of hair are suitable for a surgery of this type, and not all baldness classes respond in the same way to the procedure.
One of the things you have to consider is if you are at the most opportune time to undergo a hair implant. In this sense, in principle people who are between 18 and 25 years old are not good candidates for hair grafting. The reason is that his fall is still incipient and, surely, will continue to advance as time goes by. If these patients undergo a hair transplant well in advance, they will probably have to repeat the intervention later to improve the result, since the surgeon will not be able to know with certainty the amount of hair that will be lost when they are older.
For the above reason, in the case that the person is in that age range and intends to undergo a graft, we urge you to look for more information about the FUE (Individual Follicle Extraction) technique. This technique is used to implant follicles extracted from the area with hair (genetics does not affect areas such as the neck or sides of the head) and subsequently, through a small incision in the scalp, to be placed in other areas in those that baldness has made a dent.
In order to undergo this FUE technique there is no recommended minimum age. Moreover, the sooner the appointment with the specialist, the results achieved will be more successful and visible, even prevented to result in complete alopecia. On the other hand, we must also bear in mind that baldness differs according to the sex of the person.
In men, areas with alopecia are more localized than in women, since in them the hair is distributed more dispersed throughout the entire area of the head. Practically all men can be considered suitable for hair grafting or hair transplant in Malaga, while few women are. Only those in which the loss of hair is abundant and its location is easily noticeable are suitable for a hair graft in women.
However, in general terms, one of the main premises that hair surgeons defend in relation to the patient that is going to undergo a hair transplant is that it must enjoy an adequate state of health, because only in this way is it guaranteed the achievement of the desired results.
Practically all men can be considered suitable for capillary graft or hair transplant in Malaga.
What is the treatment?
We mentioned previously that there are two different techniques to carry out a capillary implant: the FUSS and the FUE. The process is different in each of them:
- On the one hand, the FUSS technique or 'strip technique' is a microsurgery performed by a specialist surgeon through which hair follicles are extracted from an area of skin with hair thanks to a minimal incision in the scalp of the areas lateral or nape, since these areas are usually populated. It is the so-called follicular micro transplant. In this way, a strip of approximately 15 or 20 cm in length and 1 cm in width obtained from a thin band of skin with hair is obtained from the donor area.
- About the FUE technique, the graft is performed by a professional supported by a surgical group composed of some more people. The process consists of obtaining hair follicles from the strip of skin with hair. This is taken follicular hair units, composed of follicle, sweat, dermal pallia, sebaceous gland and subcutaneous fat. Afterwards, a suitable number of said units are deposited with microsurgery forceps in the depopulated area to be treated, but not before having numbed the area with local anesthesia.
FUSS and FUE are the two main techniques that can be used in a capillary implant in Malaga. Both techniques are the most requested procedures to combat alopecia by all those patients who have opted to undergo a hair transplant or capillary transplant in Malaga. The capillary graft provides more satisfactory results as hair loss becomes more constant.
This is because the stability is higher and, in this way, the specialist will have ascertained which areas are those that require receiving the hair. Similarly, if the patient's hair is thick and has abundant melanin, the result obtained will be thicker and reflect a visible and improved aesthetic appearance after the intervention. The same happens with curly hair. However, and usually, patients with smooth and fine hair do not get such good results.
The patient must also be informed about the possible limitations of the hair implant in Malaga.
How is the capillary graft intervention performed in Malaga?
Preparation prior to extraction
Hair transplant surgery does not require subsequent hospitalization, so the patient can leave the medical center approximately two hours after the end of the surgery. Neither is any previous special preparation necessary, although in certain occasions the specialist advises the previous shaving of the hair. In coordination with those patients who are considered suitable, the surgeon selects the donor area by varying the dimensions of the strip as defined for the session or the number of follicular units that it is intended to obtain.
Thanks to these medications and the use of local anesthesia both in the donor area and in the recipient, the process of capillary micro implant is not painful -not even annoying- for the patient undergoing surgery. Regardless of the procedure used to undertake the hair graft or hair implant in Malaga, the initial step will always be to obtain hair from an area that has not been affected by baldness.
As a general rule, this area is usually the nape of the neck and, for this reason, the patient is placed looking down slightly. Once the ideal area from which the follicles necessary to perform the hair transplant have been determined, an electric hair clipper will be used to shave it.
In this way, the resulting hair will have approximately 1 mm in length. When the patient is in the right position, the donor area will be anesthetized using a fine needle, and a slight itching may be felt and it will disappear quickly.
What techniques are available to extract the hair?
After the administration of anesthesia, the usual follicular extraction procedures are:
FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery) or strip technique
The FUSS technique consists of obtaining a strip of skin, with its hair, from the patient's scalp. Thanks to this strip hundreds of hair follicles are achieved, without the need to shave any area afterwards. In addition, as long as the patient does not decide to shave his head in the future, the subsequent scar will hardly be noticeable. Once the strip is in the hands of the professionals, the follicles will be separated one by one so that they can be classified according to the number of hair they have.
FUE Technique (Folicular Unit Extraction)
Once the capillary graft is completed in Malaga, the patient will leave the clinic without the need to use bandages.
It is a variant of the FUE technique that uses the help of a robot that facilitates and accelerates the extraction of the necessary follicular units.
What are the next steps to extract follicles?
When the extraction of follicles has already been done and these have been grouped based on the amount of hair they have, the next step will be their implantation in the area with baldness as follows:
- The follicles with the largest number of hair - three and four - will be grafted in the area in which it is intended to achieve greater density.
- Those follicles with two hairs, will go into the transition area.
- Follicles with a single hair will be implanted in the line where the hair begins.
Subsequently, at the time of performing the hair graft, tumescent anesthesia will be used. That is to say, a considerable amount of liquid will be inoculated under the scalp to, in this way, undertake millimeter-sized incisions that loosen, allowing the access of the follicles.
These will be introduced individually, using high precision clamps. This task is quite difficult, requiring most of the time of the surgery.
The recovery period after a hair transplant in Malaga
Once the capillary graft is completed in Malaga, the person will leave the clinic without the need to use bandages. It is essential that you wear a cap that covers your head and follow certain indications and care in relation to grafted hair. In the event that the patient has been practiced the FUSS technique, it is recommended that you return to your home, start the appropriate rest, and wait a few days before returning to work. During the following days, you will begin to perceive different modifications in your scalp:
- After 48 hours after the intervention, almost all people have swelling in the forehead and in the area of the head in which the implant was performed. This inflammation can last for 4 or 5 days and it would not be surprising that it was the aspect that prevented their incorporation to their usual tasks from the first moment, since the aesthetic aspect is not yet the desired one.
Say goodbye to alopecia with the hair transplant in Malaga. The only method that offers good results at a good price.
- In all the places where the grafts were located, a tiny crust will appear that will disappear after 15 days. In order to prevent the discomfort that may come to assume the eyes of others, the head can be covered with, for example, a cap.
- It will be necessary to follow certain cares during the recovery phase in order to guarantee the success of the results.
- The stitches will be removed after two weeks - maybe a little less. It will be necessary to follow certain cares during the recovery phase in order to guarantee the success of the results.
- After three weeks or a month after the operation, the transplanted hair will fall and start to grow and grow 1 cm per month after 3 months since the graft.
- People undergoing hair transplantation must be patient when checking the final results. And it is that these will not be visible until about half a year later, at which time the implanted hair will reach a length of 2 or 3 cm. When the first year has passed, it will reach 7 or 8. The grafted hair will not fall, as it is not sensitive to the effects of alopecia.
On the opposite side to the previous procedure we find the other variant. When the person has opted for the FUE technique, the recovery period presents fewer complications by not having to resort to surgery. In this way, after 3 or 4 days, the area treated in the hair transplant in Malaga will be perfectly recovered.