- 1 Is it recommended to use Finasteride in women?
- 2 What about using Finasteride throughout gestation?
- 2.1 What would happen if it's your partner who consumes it?
- 2.2 Conclusion to prevent further complications
- 3 What results does Finasteride give to women?
- 3.1 What are the reasons for female alopecia?
- 3.2 Does Finasteride report good results always?
- 3.3 Use of Finasteride among women: reflections
- 4 Consumption of Finasteride to alleviate hirsutism
- 5 Is it appropriate to ingest Finasteride without androgenic alopecia?
Is it recommended to use Finasteride in women?
The use of Finasteride in women arouses certain misgivings, both for its debatable effectiveness and for the danger it may pose to your health, so it seems essential to know in advance all the details of this hair treatment.
The problems of hair loss are common in anyone, whatever their gender. However, in most situations, it's the mood of the females that is most noticeably altered before such a circumstance.
In order to alleviate the effects of alopecia, there are currently several treatments, such as Finasteride, Rogaine or Minoxidil, although not all have the efficacy or security guarantees necessary to start its application.
What about using Finasteride throughout gestation?
Before you buy Finasteride and start this treatment, its best to consult a specialist. When a woman is pregnant, the intake of Finasteride is contraindicated, since the baby could suffer congenital malformations if the mother, in her pregnancy, was under a treatment of this nature. Because of this, this drug should not be consumed in this phase or during the subsequent lactation period.
What would happen if it's your partner who consumes it?
On the other hand, if it were the father who is taking Finasteride, there is no scientific evidence that the baby's health is in danger. That is, it has not been possible to verify that the infant child presented birth defects in his reproductive system.
This situation would occur only if the couple has sexual contacts throughout the time interval between two and four months of gestation, during which stage the baby's sexual organ is developing.
There are misgivings about the use of Finasteride in women to alleviate hair loss, so it is advisable to consult a specialist.
Anyway, it's not necessary to worry too much, because the amount of Finasteride that is transmitted to sperm is minimal, to the point that, according to the conclusions drawn from different investigations, it's insufficient to affect the health of the baby.
Conclusion to prevent further complications
In short, those women who are going to be mothers, should try to avoid any contact with Finasteride, either directly - because she is under treatment - or indirectly - when it is the father of the baby who is taking this medication -.
Adopting this simple but drastic measure will prevent the possibility of the product being absorbed through your skin. However, if by an oversight or mishap this happens, it's essential to wash this area with soap and water as soon as possible.
What results does Finasteride give to women?
What are the reasons for female alopecia?
According to the statistics available today, one of each of two women has baldness problems at a particular time in their lives, the main reasons for this hair loss are:
- The shedding effect or telogen effluvium: physical or emotional stress, inappropriate diet, excessive use of extensions, alterations in hormone levels, etc.
- Androgenic, androgenetic alopecia or common baldness: appears as a result of the action of male sex hormones, such as dihydrotestosterone or DHT.
This last type of hair loss is the main concern for females, since the hair detached by such reason, does not regenerate naturally, being necessary the intervention of hair treatments such as Finasteride.
those women who are going to be mothers, should try to avoid any contact with Finasteride, either directly or indirectly.
Does Finasteride report good results always?
Finasteride is an antiandrogenic drug whose purpose is to interfere with the hair loss procedure, which is achieved by blocking the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. In the case of males, their effectiveness is more than guaranteed.
For its part, the results of Finasteride in women are also satisfactory, although this statement has certain nuances:
- Those women who suffer from baldness at an early age or in a stressed way, will experience a more evident improvement.
- Women who have not yet reached menopause should accompany Finasteride with other drugs that prevent ovulation.
- On the other hand, if the cessation of their menstruation had already occurred, they should ingest 2.5 mg. daily to be able to appreciate the effect.
The daily dose of Finasteride in women that specialists recommend taking is 1 mg.
The belief that Finasteride causes sterility in women has not been able to be justified, so they do not have to stop definitively their administration when they wish to be mothers. The only measure to adopt will be to suspend it temporarily if you want to become pregnant and resume the intake after breastfeeding the baby.
Use of Finasteride among women: reflections
In summary, the main conclusions that can be drawn from the information exposed up to this moment about the use of Finasteride in women, would be the following:
- The effectiveness of the treatment is greater if the female is of childbearing age and has certain capillary characteristics of the male.
- The results obtained will be satisfactory if the medication is used to treat female pattern baldness.
- The daily amount that is advised to ingest is 1mg.
- Women of childbearing age need contraception.
- The greatest benefits are achieved two years after starting the consumption of Finasteride.
- The loss of hair ceases and the regeneration of new hair is safe.
- The adverse effects that could appear are not severe: acne, itching, etc.
- Androgenic alopecia is the only one that can be combated, unlike other types of baldness such as areata or scarring.
- The beginning of the treatment will suppose to prolong it forever, reason why it's only advised if it's not desired to be a mother in the future.
The effectiveness of the treatment is greater if the female is of childbearing age and has certain capillary characteristics of the male.
Consumption of Finasteride to alleviate hirsutism
Hirsutism is an abnormal growth of hair that can occur as a physical response to the excessive hormonal masculinization of a woman, leading to a considerable inconvenience of beauty and social.
The explanatory reason for this disorder can address, among other issues, the increase in the activity of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase or alterations in the level of male sex hormones. Whatever the reason may be, it will be necessary to proceed with its treatment.
In what way can hirsutism be treated?
The Finasteride in women is especially useful for those whose hair loss responds to male pattern alopecia.
In order to alleviate the symptoms of this disease, it has to:
- Stop androgenic segregation
- Use antiandrogen drugs.
- Use blockers of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase.
- Ingest medications that potentiate the effect of insulin.
The phase of inhibition of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase is one in which a product such as Finasteride must participate, as this is precisely one of its fundamental characteristics.
Is the use of Finasteride effective for this purpose?
There is enough evidence to be able to assert that Finasteride in women is a more than valid treatment when it comes to softening the effects of hirsutism. And although to achieve this effectiveness, a daily dose of 5 mg must be taken, certain females obtain identical results with the consumption of only half of that amount.
Thus, from six months to a year after starting treatment, you can enjoy the benefits of this medication in relation to the treatment of excessive hair. And as it also offers maximum safety, Finasteride is the drug that specialists usually prescribe to combat hirsutism.
There is enough evidence to be able to assert that Finasteride in women is a more than valid treatment when it comes to softening the effects of hirsutism.
Is it appropriate to ingest Finasteride without androgenic alopecia?
The way in which androgenetic baldness is spread is different depending on whether it is a man or a woman. Thus, in females there are usually no depopulated areas that are too wide, but the nudity of the scalp is more diffuse than in the case of males.
Therefore, women who have this type of alopecia and who meet the above conditions, are advised to opt for treatment with Finasteride. On the opposite side, if your hair loss responds to different issues and patterns, it's not considered appropriate to take this medication.
Si se está embarazada se recomienda cancelar el tratamiento con Finasteride en mujeres, para evitar riesgos para el bebé.
What sequelae would the use of Finasteride imply?
And is that, in case of not suffering from this condition and start their intake, substantially increases the likelihood of:
- The appearance of adverse effects.
- The birth of telogen effluvium or shedding effect.
- The shortage of advantages relative to your hair.
To clear any questions about whether or not your type of alopecia is androgenic, it is recommended that the woman visit a dermatologist, choosing to use Finasteride in women only if he considers it appropriate.
A capillary surgery, the best possible alternative
Finasteride is a medication that influences the action of dihydrotestosterone or DHT, but there are times when alopecia is totally independent of this sex hormone, so you will have to choose a hair treatment different from the many that the market has nowadays.
For example, a possible option to solve hair loss in women, would be to go through the operating room to undergo capillary micrograft surgery, because it's the best and most definitive remedy to end the problems of alopecia.
That is, those women whose baldness is not common and do not have the possibility of starting a treatment based on the use of drugs, like Finasteride in women, have a very interesting alternative in the hair implant, because it requires a much shorter duration to achieve results and, in addition, its effectiveness is guaranteed.